Thu, 12 Oct|
OCN Level 4 Trauma-Informed Organisations
Our Health Forum Services team has a unique opportunity for your organisation to help it become more ‘trauma-informed.’ Deciding to become a more trauma-informed organisation can improve resiliency among staff members and job satisfaction.
Time & Location
12 Oct, 14:00 – 16:00
Londonderry, Destined, 1 Foyle Road, Derry, BT48 6SQ
About the Event
Our Health Forum Services team has a unique opportunity for your organisation to help it become more ‘trauma-informed.’ Deciding to become a more trauma-informed organisation can improve resiliency among staff members and job satisfaction. It also helps create an environment where staff can be more successful in their work by feeling better supported.
This opportunity is a first of its kind: a Level 4 OCN qualification for supervisors, senior managers, or organisational decision-makers; giving you the ability to learn tools and techniques to support individuals dealing with trauma and delivered by a specialist trauma practitioner.
Becoming a more trauma-informed organisation can be done by embedding trauma-informed practices into your policies and procedures, and helping you to develop the ability to manage organisational trauma change.
The course will help you:
- Understand Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and their impact.
- Understand trauma, and how it may affect an individual.
- Understand what is trauma-informed practice.
- Understand different tools and techniques to support individuals and organisations dealing with trauma.
- Understand secondary and vicarious trauma and how to build organisational resilience.
- Understand organisational trauma change, and how an organisation may promote good practice.
Starts: Thursday 21st September, 2pm-4pm (and each Thursday thereafter for 6 weeks; includes some self-directed learning following sessions)
Course fee: £299 per person
Contact orlagh@bbhealthforum for further details.